Welcome to the Main Page of this wiki!
When editing this page, please note a few things:
- The inexperienced may want to check out the "How to help" section on the "community portal" article linked on the sidebar.
- Remember this page is the most public face of the wiki - test edits are best done on a separate page.
- Sections within "<! --" and "-- >" markers (without the spaces) - like this entire section - are hidden comments, and can be separated by several lines. Be sure not to break them.
Please note that Wikia protection policy advises against the protection of this page.
- Protecting the Main Page can do more harm than good, for example by preventing links being added.
- See http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Protection for more info.
The wiki about Vanquish that anyone can edit.
Contents (all pages)
Vanquish is a video game developed by Platinum Games for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is Shinji Mikami's first game under the Platinum Games brand. The game was in development since 2007. In January 2010, a full motion video trailer was released. The game is being published by Sega. Atsushi Inaba is producing the game. Mikami has stated that the game is being developed with the PlayStation 3 as its lead platform, commenting that it was a "great success."
The story is set in the near future. Russia and the United States are vying for ownership of the world’s fast-depleting energy resources and the US has constructed Providence, a space station, in order to harness energy from the sun. Russian forces capture this space station and divert its harvested solar energy into a blast wave that destroys San Francisco, aiming to force the US into a total and unconditional surrender. In response, the US tasks its armed forces with recapturing the space station before the Russians can annihilate their next target – New York. The player will take control of Sam, a government agent fitted out with a futuristic battlesuit.
The details for the Vanquish limited edition have been revealed. Platinum Games' upcoming balls-mental shooter Vanquish has a special edition on the cards, which includes a little 7" figure of protagonist Sam Gideon.
Unfortunately for us, so far, the special edition has only been confirmed for the Uni…Read more >
According to Vanquish producer Atsushi Inaba, the game's demo will be released for both Xbox 360 and PS3 on September 2nd.
- The demo will be titled "Vanquish Official Demo - Velocity Attack" and will allow players to work through a prologue sequence along with a boss fight against Argos. Players will…
Vanquish has unveiled tha it will have a "Casual Auto" mode, which will make the game extremely easy. They will also have a 'God Hard' mode which will make the game extremely difficult. More information about the different game modes can be found at Joystiq.Read more >