Although their build and voice are the same as Victor's, they are actually discovered to be R.I.s, under direct control of him. In Act 5, he even controls two at the same time.
Commonly, they are a maroon colour, similar to the Gorgies , but during Sam's final encounter the first Bogey, a second blue-colored variant appears alongside it.
Features and abilities Edit
The Bogey is able to easily match Sam's ARS Suit. Its armor is incredibly durable, able to survive being blasted with an RPG without even flinching and withstanding heavy amounts of gunfire. Its primary means of locomotion is flight using the propulsors built into the wings, back and legs. The Bogey can fly with great speed and agility, moving around the battlefield while dodging bullets and being able to remain suspended in midair. The suit also possesses superhuman strength, knocking Sam back several feet during their first fight.
The Bogey is equipped with the following armaments:
- Rifle: its main weapon is a multipurpose rifle. It can fire a rapid hail of laser bolts when using hit and run tactics, but can also charge it up for a few seconds to unleash an immense laser beam. The rifle can finally transform into an energized sword for melee combat.
- Bombs: during the battle, the Bogey can launch grenades into the air. Once in midair, they explode into dozens of smaller bombs that then shower the area in explosives.
- Energy missiles: the Bogey's large wings can open up to reveal large launchers that release a hail of missile-like energy bolts that home in on the target.
- Nuclear warhead: as a final resort, Zaitzev had planted a tactical nuke inside both Bogeys. After their final battle with Sam, he armed them and ended up destroying the entire space colony.
- Bogey is military jargon for an unidentified aircraft.