The KNRB-0 Argus Robot, is a Russian designed machine that is featured in the Vanquish demo. You face this boss in Act 1: Mission 3. It's a monocoque design and armor was sacrificed for more payload capacity, which
creates many weak points.
It also has the ability to transform into a stronger, bipedal form. The major weakness of both forms is the Argus Core. Destroying the core will in turn destroy the machine itself.
The Argus robot seems to be highly sought as it is the center of an arms control debate.
- An achievement is awarded for this boss battle if you destroy the KNRB-0 Argus Robot piece by piece. This means that you must destroy the arms, head and back during this clash with the boss. It is recommended that you destroy the arms first, then the back and then the head. This is because if you damage the head first, after reaching a certain point of low health, Sam will (after a quicktime) destroy the head, negating the achievement.
Features and abilities Edit
The Argus is equipped with a vast amount of destructive armaments which include:
- Machine guns: in its quadrupedal form, it has machine gun turrets on each underside of its "head".
- Laser cannon: also used only in its quadrupedal form. It can fire a large yellow laser beam from the cannon in the center of its "head". It first used this to blast its way through the floor during the first encounter with an Argus.
- Swarm missiles: used in its quadrupedal and bipedal forms. The robot fires clusters of small homing missiles to bombard their target with.
- Rockets: it can fire larger rockets from each side of its torso and from its forearms in its humanoid configuration.
- Large radius laser: an beam fired from the robot's head in it bipedal form. It incinerates anything caught in its path.
- Electrical arcs: whenever the Argus core is exposed, it releases arcs of electricity to take out Sam while it recharges.
Additionally, the Argus uses its enormous size to its advantage. In its quadrupedal form in tries to stomp Sam with a rapid succession of strikes with two of its legs.
However, despite its incredible size and firepower, the Argus possesses a crucial weakness. The Russian military sacrificed armor for increased payload capacity. This left the Argus with many exposed weak points in its joints and its torso, making the robot much easier to defeat.